Wednesday 14 March 2012

Glossybox: March - Harrods Edition




I was super excited about this box. After feeling disappointed with my last Glossybox, I felt I had a right to be looking forward to this one. The hype that surrounded it was intense and once it was finally revealed it would be a special Harrods edition, I felt like Glossybox had given me a chance to try out some even more luxury brands that I wouldn't be able to find in my small town. Being a girl that grew up in London, I miss the huge department stores that a London girl is lucky to have. That was a sacrifice I was willing to take by moving to Suffolk. But this box would take me back to those London times and allow me to roam the beauty halls of Harrods again.

As this was a special edition,  it came in a lovely ivory white box and the usual shredded paper to bed the products. The first thing I noticed was that there were no full size samples (nothing that bothers me), however the samples themselves were of a generous size. So let's take you through the products I received.

Versace Vanitas Versace Eau De Parfum (4.5ml) - Even though this was a sample, it came in a cute mini version of the full sized bottle - something I would be happy to be sitting on my bedside table. The perfume itself isn't a fragrance I usually go for (I love sweet and florally scents), however I absolutely love it! With notes of tiare flower, lime and freesia, you only need a few drops and it stays put all day with it's powerful scent.

Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter (50ml) - Woah. Something you wouldn't expect to be in a body butter. This is a great product to use after your morning shower. It smells absolutely delicious, like a freshly peeled orange. Incredibly creamy and deeply moisturising, this body butter really softens skin to the max and is so lightweight, you wouldn't even know you had put it on - that is until you touch your skin and feel how smooth it is!

Revive Intensite Creme Lustre SPF 30 (7ml) - This is an intensive face cream that aims to reduce the appearance of sagging skin. I don't have a problem with this, nor do I wish to have this problem for at least another decade so I can't properly test out this product. However, I found the cream to be quite thick, yet light on the skin. It has a scent to it, nothing too overpowering that lasts on the skin, but one that isn't unpleasant once applied. It recommends applying in the morning after cleansing, toning and using a serum. 

Lancome Juicy Tubes - Toffee (7ml) - Funnily enough, I went to my local Lancome counter the other day and received a big package of free gifts with my purchases. One of those free gifts was one of these Juicy Tubes in a red/pink colour which I can only guess is the colour Fraise. Although I'm not a huge lover of lip gloss, I've been a sucker for these recently and this Toffee shade is a gorgeous clear gloss with a slight beige hue and tons of shimmer. It doesn't dry out the lips, hydrating them instead. That's not the best part. The smell is absolutely delicious and I can't stop licking it off my lips! 

Clarins Extra-Firming Body Cream (30ml) - Yet another cream in this box! Again, it's a firming cream, however it is for all over so I suppose it will come in handy for any naughty cellulite on the thighs. It claims it's 'rich in regenerating and firming plant extracts which restore the skin's youthful density and elasticity.' The cream itself comes out quite mousse-like and a little goes a hell of a long way! It comes with a slight floral scent, so would be lovely to use all over your body to make yourself feel fresh and firm.

Overall, I do feel slightly let down by the box as I feel I could have had some more variety. I love the creams, however three in one box is slightly over the top and two of those being firming creams when firmness isn't a problem with myself makes me wonder whether Glossybox actually take my personal profile into account. I've made it quite clear on my profile that make-up is what I'd like to receive the most, however I seem to get more skincare in every box. Although, I'm still loving my Glossybox and appreciate the hard work they do to allow us to test out lovely luxury products. Go Glossybox!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!